Traditionally, gel polish manicures needed to be done at a salon by a professional nail technician using professional equipment. The cost of a gel manicure would be higher than a regular nail polish manicure as well, but the results and benefits were worth it:
Brilliant, glossy shine (shinier than regular nail polish).
Chip-free results (gel won’t chip off like regular nail polish – which can start to chip within 2-3 days – even with activities like dishwashing or excessive typing).
Up to 7-10 days lasting (salon or professional 3-step gel manicures).
The removal process for gel is also different, as it requires a “soak-off” method vs. acetone "wipe off" removal.
Our 1-step gel is meant to last for 7 to 10 days chip-free. It’s designed to be easy to apply but also easy to remove so you can change up your color whenever you want.
If you’d like to extend the lasting for an extra week, we recommend you our Gel Top Coat (one of our best sellers!) and you can paint a layer over your gel manicure and this will really seal it in & give you that 3 week total salon lasting (chip-free and shine).
If you are a new user of gel polish, please give yourself 2-3 manicures (tries) to get used to how to apply gel polish.
There are many tips and tricks to applying gel polish that make the difference between a good application and an application that is too thick or doesn’t last long enough (i.e. chips easily). Often, new users of gel polish make small mistakes during the application process and then think that any chipping is due to the formula of the gel.
We have tested our gel polish countless times and it truly is an amazing 1-step formula. You won’t find a better 1-step formula on the market (really!)…so please be patient, read our application instructions carefully, and take your time to familiarize yourself with LMM gel!
Once you get used to the application process, you will find that this is a fantastic gel that will give you a shiny, colorful, and chip-free manicure for work, play, and travel!
If you have followed all the basic tips on the application do’s, and you are still face chipping issues, it may be because of the natural oils in your nails. In fact, 20% of women have naturally oilier nails just due to body chemistry.
We recommend that you wipe your nails before you apply gel polish. You can use regular nail polish remover to quickly wipe each nail after filing the surface. This will remove the dust from filing and create a non-oily surface to start your application.
Gel Polish is different from regular nail polish in that you need to “soak” it off.
Le Mini Macaron has a variety of products to facilitate the elimination of the gel or any kind of nail polish from your nails.
To remover your old manicure:
- 1) File the surface of the gel manicure that you wish to remove. This step will eliminate the top layer of the gel polish (which is the hardest one) and will allow the remover pad to work even better. For a gentler filing, we suggest you to try our Sanding Block . Make sure NOT to file the gel until you see your natural nail, only file slightly the upper coat.
- 2) Tear open the Remover Pad and insert your finger, with the cotton pad over the nail. The acetone from the cotton pad will soak into the gel.
- 3) Wrap the packet around your finger, removing the sticker on the packet to ensure that it’s air tight. For better results, insert each finger with its correspondent pad into our Remover Clips . Wait 15 minuttes.
- 4) Remove the packet. The gel polish will have a shattered effect. Use our Gel Polish Remover Tool or the cuticle stick that comes on each LMM Kit to scrape off the gel.
- 5) Wash your hands to remove any debris. If your cuticles are dry use a little bit of hand cream to moisturize them.
- 6) Last but not least, if you want to revitalize and and give your nails a break from any kind of polish, our nail treatment Rescue Moi , with Vitamin B5 and C, will help to re-build, restore and rejuvenate the surface of your nails in just one week.
- Voilà, there you have it!
LED lamps use LED light (the kind of light in an office building or a school) to “cure” the gel polish to dry. UV lamps use UV light (the kind of rays in sunlight) to also “cure” the gel polish to dry. LED bulbs are thought to be safer than UV bulbs, as they transmit weaker rays. With prolonged exposure to LED light (vs. UV light), it is considered not as hazardous, as for example with excessive tanning, which can darken the skin and may lead to skin cancer with prolonged exposure to the sun’s UV rays.
All of our LMM lamp products use only LED light. Additionally, lamps with LED light use a newer technology compared to UV lamps. The LED bulb is able to cure gel polish dry in half the time needed vs. UV bulbs. Also, LED lamps don’t generate heat in the way that UV lamps do, and the LED bulb never needs to be replaced.
Our light is actually LED (not UV) so it dries quicker and also doesn’t contain UV rays!
Our LED lights are timed to go off automatically. The mini macaron is a 30 sec cycle and the maxi macaron (larger lamp) is a 60 sec cycle. So you don’t have to think about it!
Gel polish is VERY thick. It needs to be applied ULTRA thin. If you apply it too thick, it can feel like it’s burning under the LED lamp. It’s OK if the lamp feels a little warm on your nail as you’re curing it, but it shouldn’t burn. If this happens, wipe off the gel and re-apply a super thin coat.
For first time users , we recommend that you can cure for a few seconds more (4 - 5 sec.) as sometimes first-time users paint a bit thick. You should paint a thin layer, but if you find it’s not totally dry after 1 cycle under the lamp (30 sec), just cure for a little longer and this should do the trick.
Yes, the lamp can work with any gel polish, if the gel is good quality. We can’t necessarily guarantee the results if it’s not our own gel, but it should work with other ones. Also different gel polishes matched with different lamps sometimes require different “curing” times. If you use our LED lamp with another gel, and you find it’s not dry enough, we recommend 2-3 cycles under the lamp (30 second cycles, two or three times).
By the way, we have heard of some people trying our LED lamp with NAIL polish and telling us this doesn’t work. Nail polish requires air drying, whereas gel polish contains a polymer that must be ‘cured’ by an LED lamp in order to harden (dry). Nail polishes are NOT meant to be used with LED lamps and no nail polish will dry from being under an LED lamp. ONLY patiently air drying nail polish will work!
It’s very important to use and store your gel polish correctly. Gel polish is light sensitive (that’s why it hardens when exposed to LED light). It will also react to sunlight or natural light if exposed for an extended period of time. If you store the product near a window or around a light source, it’s possible that it can harden inside the bottle over time.
The first time you open your bottle of LMM gel, you will find that it’s very thick (compared to regular nail polish). This is perfectly normal. Please take the following precautions to properly use and store your gel polish to ensure that you can use it for as long as possible:
- Don't keep the bottle open for an extended period of time.
- During the application process, open the bottle to apply the gel onto one nail. While the nail is curing, we recommend you to close the bottle or at least place the cap back over the bottle to cover it. This will minimize the amount of air and light that can get inside.
- If the bottle is open,
don’t set it too close to the LED lamp, as any exposure to the LED light may affect the gel inside the bottle. It’s better to either keep the bottle closed or farther away from the lamp when the LED light is on. Never shine the LED light directly onto an open bottle.
- Store gel polish bottles in a dark place or inside a drawer, away from windows or other light sources. Do not store in the refrigerator. Always keep bottles at room temperature.
Shop Pay is an accelerated check out system that allows you to split your purchase payment in 4 equal installments. This 4 equal payments are payed every 2 weeks with 0% interest , no hidden or late fees , and no impact on your credit score.
- 1) Add items to your cart.
- 2) Check out with Shop Pay.
- 3) Choose to pay in 4 installments
Before every payment, you'll get an email reminder to keep you in the know.